Access Statement - The Ayrlington
We aim to cater for the needs of al guests. We are a fourteen bedroom guest house in the centre of Bath. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to contact us prior to your arrival and we will endeavour to help.
1. The Train Station is approximately five minutes level walk from the hotel.
2. There is a local taxi service that has accessible taxis if required; we can make a booking for you.
3. Local maps and restaurant guides are available upon arrival at reception.
4. You can contact us via phone, fax or email. Phone 01225 425495, fax 01225 469029 or e-mail email@example.com
Arrival & Car Parking
1. On arrival at the Ayrlington there are two main entrances either side of the building which lead to the car parking areas.
2. The car parking bays are not marked but there is ample parking.
3. The surface is level and block paved which covers the car parking area.
4. Bath City Centre is approximately a five minute level walk from the hotel.
Main Entrance and Reception
1. The front door has five steps (16cm high x 28cm deep x 135cm wide)
2. The front door is operated on a magnetic door lock and key system which is within easy reach from any height.
3. The front door is 100cm wide x 220cm high with a metal grab rail attached to the left outer wall.
4. On entry to the Ayrlington there is a lobby which is 260cm x 190cm.
5. There is seating provided in the hallway if required.
6. The ground floor is carpeted throughout.
1. There are three bedrooms on the ground floor and one annex at the side of the hotel.
2. We have one twin room (2 standard singles), four standard double rooms, four king-size superior rooms and five king-size deluxe rooms.
3. All rooms are spacious and give good disability access within the room.
4. Furniture is movable on request.
5. The room shave remote control TV and CD/Player.
6. Two arm chairs are provided in all rooms, there are ensuite bathrooms and wc’s in all the bedrooms.
7. All rooms are fitted with short pile carpets.
8. All bedrooms and internal doors are 80cm wide and 200cm high.
Grounds and Gardens
1. We have a large enclosed garden (flower borders and lawn) for residents - Bench and seating area are provided.
2. To the rear of the hotel there is a local recreation ground which is available to all visitors.
1. Mobile phone reception is generally good.
2. We have a laptop which can be loaned out to guests, available from reception.
3. We are a non-smoking building however smoking is permitted in the outside car park area where ash trays are available.
4. Drinks are available in the bar or can be taken to guests rooms.
1. The corridors to the ground floor and breakfast room are 132cm wide.
2. Corridors have a good colour contrast and are well lit.
3. The flooring throughout the Ayrlington consists of short pile carpet. 4. From the ground floor there are twelve steps to the first landing, followed by nine steps to the first floor bedroom area. There are two sets of nine steps to get to the second floor bedrooms. 5. The stairs are 17cm high by 28cm deep by 99cm wide. 6. All bedrooms are ensuite, and there is a public WC available on the ground floor.
1. Breakfast is served in the dining room on the ground floor.
2. Furniture is flexible and can be moved upon request.
3. Tables have under space of 70cm high by 76cm wide, the overall height of the tables is 74cm (Legs on each corner).
4. All chairs are without arms and can be moved to accommodate.
5. Menus are provided and are located on each table, at present we do not supply a menu in Braille.
6. Background music is played in the dining and reception areas.
1. A laundry service is provided and can be booked through reception.
1. Shops are approximately five minutes level walk away.
1. There is a leisure centre approximately three minutes level walk from the hotel.